About Me

My photo
follow me on twitter! twitter name: squiggystardust

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Westwood Condemns Consumerism After London Show - ABC News

My fave designer said stuff today as the London Fashion Week begins. 'Stop buying clothes,' she exhorts us! But will we be able to? 


Westwood Condemns Consumerism After London Show - ABC News

 A pithy excerpt from the article:

"Stop all this consumerism," said Westwood, the former high priestess of punk who has increasingly used her catwalk shows to spotlight her concern about climate change.
"I just tell people, stop buying clothes. Why not protect this gift of life while we have it? I don't take the attitude that destruction is inevitable. Some of us would like to stop that and help people survive," she said.

Rock On, my sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment